Monday 9 April 2012

Anniversaries


I was happily chatting this afternoon, with someone who was not incredibly au fait with my recent past. ‘So how long has it been?’ she asked. ‘Three years’ I replied. ‘Actually, three years almost exactly. Three years on Easter Sunday’. Ouch.

I’ve also just read the most recent blog of very dear friend L. She also had a recent ‘anniversary’. One that to my shame, I forgot. It’s not one to be marked really, but I wish I’d have text her just so she knew I was thinking of her.

These things got me thinking… In honesty, the time of year in relation to the semi-shambles that is my life at times didn’t occur to me until this afternoon. And it makes me sad. I don’t want to hunt down the life that ran away and changed that Easter Sunday three years ago, but I’m a little tired of trying to find a replacement one.
However, as the wise L said in her own blog, you can’t change the past. You can only make the very best of the present and the future.

I guess I’ll keep trying to do that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment